This 6 months International Winter School Program in Biomedical Sciences starts every year in the winter semester at the University of Freiburg. The Winter School students will join the modules of our Double Master Program from November until April.
The Winter School in Biomedical Sciences include following modules:
- Intensive German language course
- Introduction into research methods and scientific communication
- Intercultural communication training
- Lab methods week
- 4 modules in: Biostatistics, Bioethics, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Materials and Mircosystems, Molecular Oncology and Cardiology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology and Pathology
- Laboratory Research (2 months: March and April)
To complete the Winter School Program you will present your research results and methods of your labwork in an oral final exam (DAS exam) which will be graded by an official jury consisting of professors of the University of Freiburg and the University of Buenos Aires. After the successful completion of all modules and the final oral exam you will receive a Diploma of Advanced Studies in Biomedical Sciences (DAS) plus a Diploma Supplement with detailed modules and grades.
You will not only benefit of all theoretical knowledge but also of the practical experience in the laboratories during some modules and at your labrotation. The lectures and the individual supervison and working in a lab team will enrich your knowledge in research methods, new approaches, analysing and assessing scientific papers. In addition you will also profit from working and studying with people from all over the world, experiencing different cultures, learning new languages, soft skills and how to manage life in challenging environments and situations.