The 2 years fulltime Master Program is divided in three blocks. The language of instruction is English.
The teaching parts in Buenos Aires (8 months) and in Freiburg (8 months) are individually certified as ‘postgraduate courses’.
I. Basic unit: March – October: 8 months at the University of Buenos Aires
- Intensive Spanish language course
- 8 modules in: Biophysics, Bioenergetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Physiology, Pathophysiology, Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virology, Microbiology, Neurobiology, Pathology, Clinical Medicine, Molecular Oncology, Biostatistics and Experimental Models
II. Advanced unit: November – June: 8 months at the University of Freiburg
- Intensive German language course
- Introduction into research methods and scientific communication
- Intercultural communication training
- lab methods week
- 4 modules in: Biostatistics, Bioethics, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Materials and Mircosystems, Molecular Oncology and Cardiology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology and Pathology
- Laboratory Research (4 months)
III. Master Thesis Module: July – February: 8 months either at the University of Buenos Aires or at the University of Freiburg
The Master Thesis module can be either done in Freiburg or in Buenos Aires. After the successful completion of the program and the successful written master thesis plus the master thesis defense you will receive 120 Credit Points (according to the ECTS) and two master of science degrees of both universities.
Workload and form of teaching:
The average weekly workload is about 40-50h including seminars, lectures, journal club, exercises or lab work and self study like data analysis, reading and documentation.
There are no semester holidays but only holidays around some ot the national holidays.
Each module will end with an exam either written or oral which will be graded. The written thesis and the oral thesis defense will be graded as well. All the grades of the modules are listed on the transcript of records.
With successful completion of this master course you will receive from each university a master degree certificate and the transcript of records.
You will not only get to know different research and teaching approaches, individual supervision and consulations at two famous universities on different continents, but also profit from working and studying with people from all over the world, experiencing different cultures, learning new languages, soft skills and how to manage life in challenging environments and situations.